SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works will be an unparalleled treasury of previously unseen archive material, production artwork, interviews, development sketches and hardware manufacturing plans, launching as part of the console’s two-year-long anniversary (1988 in Japan, 1989 in North America and 1990 in Europe).
The book is written by Guardian Games Editor Keith Stuart and designed and compiled by Read-Only Memory. Its contents are the result of unparalleled access to the SEGA archive in Japan and to original SEGA team members. The book will include:
• Concept artwork, design documents and sketches for a wealth of SEGA’s 16-bit titles, including Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage, Sonic the Hedgehog and Golden Axe.
• Hardware manufacturing plans and concept illustrations.
• 20+ exclusive interviews with legendary SEGA developers, including: Naoto Oshima (Sonic the Hedgehog), Yu Suzuki (Space Harrier) and Yuji Naka (Sonic the Hedgehog).
• 10,000-word essay by Keith Stuart, with contributions from Michael Katz, Trip Hawkins, Al Nilsen and more.
• Foreword by Dave Perry (Earthworm Jim, Aladdin).
Limited products available with the campaign include a Poster Edition – a numbered A1 print inspired by the beautiful hardware manufacturing plans – and a Special Edition – boxed, limited to 100 copies and featuring a specially-commissioned illustr