Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

GameGear mod

Jan 06 at 7:52:58 PM
JerryGarcia (0)

(Brandon Carlile) < Flicky >
Alabama
Hello, im new to the website and i would like to know if anyone has or knows how to rig a game gear to play on the tv. Or modding a genesis or master system to play game gear games? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Feb 02 at 7:15:22 PM
YoshiKnuckles (1)

< Flicky >
Hi,

I know how to mod one to output to a TV, but I haven't done it yet.

I have 5 of the Game Gear TV output boards here, just haven't got around to them. Will hopefully get around to installing one this weekend.

Available ouputs are Composite, S-Video and RGB. I know game gear games end up with a border on the TV due to the resolution. Similar to the way the Super Game Boy is.

I don't remember all of the details right now.

-------------------------
I mod consoles, and I'm an Electronics Engineering Technology student! Find out more about my services at:
YoshiConsoleMods

Feb 02 at 10:31:30 PM
The Count (96)
(Grant X.) < Neff >
Minnesota
Let us know how it turns out. There would likely be some interest if you can provide a quality product.

Feb 09 at 4:09:13 PM
YoshiKnuckles (1)

< Flicky >
Install was a complete success!

I do have some graphical glitching in certain games. Doesn't seem to be much that can be done about that easily. It's mostly on the border area anyway. Quirk of the boards I'm guessing. Seems to be a problem other people have had as well with these.

It's a hell of an improvement over the internal Game Gear screen, that's for sure. I've hooked up S-video and RGB this go around. Both look really nice. =) Yes, the game's do have a border. Can't do anything about that either.

I'll be taking orders for these now, but they won't exactly be cheap.

-------------------------
I mod consoles, and I'm an Electronics Engineering Technology student! Find out more about my services at:
YoshiConsoleMods