Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

A Rare Find (in context)

Mar 17 at 5:48:31 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < Alex Kidd >
Virginia
 So I was going for a run today around the neighborhood when I passed something that caught my eye.  At first I questioned myself thinking, "man I must think about old video games too much", but in fact it was really there.  Now it's not a rare game by any stretch of the imagination, but how many times do you see something like this?

Oh what's that - Yep, none other than a Sega Genesis manual laying on the side of the road.

Anyone else have a story of where you found a game (or better yet a Genesis game) in an unusual place?

-------------------------

https://backloggery.com/nesmaster...

Edited: 03/17/2017 at 05:50 PM by NESMASTER14

Mar 17 at 7:48:52 PM
The Count (100)
(Grant X.) < Neff >
Minnesota
Hahaha, that's great. What are the odds of that? I mean, it's 14 years old and just happened to fall out of a recycle bin where it would meet it's demise when an enthusiast was passing by. I hope you're saving it!

Also, to add to the thread, I found a GBA SP with a Mario game inside it in the parking lot of a golf course once. Another time, when I was working at a Toyota dealership in high school, I found a few GBA games inside a Sienna someone traded in. Neither are Sega or as cool though!

Mar 18 at 12:49:26 PM
TheGreyGhost (4)
< Tom-Tom >
Ontario
lol awesome, good for you.

No i don't have story like that ....but, I went to Japan years ago, got a towel in a Sega vending machine...then only years later realized it was a Persona 4 towel.

NA Game Gear loose cart collection: 114\233

Mar 18 at 3:36:09 PM
Professor Gull (8)
(Professor Gull) < Neff >
Iowa
Yup I had 2 interesting Sega moments. One was finding a stack of Dreamcast games in someones CD folder that I got for free at a garage sale. Note I had no clue they were in there The seller was just getting rid of the case and I said I would take it since its good for loose PC games and such. In the back there were 6 Dreamcast games mostly sports titles but there was a Ready to Rumble Boxing 2 and Daytona plus NFL2K and NFL1K or whatever the other one was and the basketball ones as well.

The best though was a buddy of mine found a piece of furniture on the roadside he wanted for his man cave garage picked it up and cleaned it. In the couch cushions was a nicely preserved copy of NBA Jam and a remote for a TV.

I tried doing nothing and always ended up doing something instead.

I don't check here on weekends so bear with me folks thats just my private game time not meant to be interrupted.

https://www.facebook.com/professo...
Gull Gaming on Youtube!
https://twitter.com/ProfessorDotG...

Mar 22 at 7:36:35 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (119)
(Kenny Boy) < Sketch Turner >
Florida
I have a similar story. I went to one of our local trash sites (our county doesn't do pickup) and they have electronics bins, where usually you find tube tvs and old satellite dishes thrown into a concrete enclosure and destroyed. Sitting on the ledge was a very nice and clean CIB copy of Marko for genesis, a decent-not as easy to find title. I looked all around but there were no other related item. Luckily someone gently placed it where they did so it wasn't ruined.

Ready for adventure!

Mar 22 at 12:27:54 PM
jonebone (528)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Sketch Turner >
Maryland
I once found a super Mint N64 Ice Blue Console box / styro / baggies / manuals / twist ties but no console or controller. It was sitting in the cardboard recycling bin at the dump when I was dropping off my trash on a Saturday morning. It must have just been placed there, neatly at the top and well within reach. I took it home, upgraded my box and internals, (had the system CIB already) and sold my downgraded copy for $60 shipped on eBay. Taking the trash paid off that day!

WTB Sealed & CIB Mint Games!
NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16

Now Playing: Mario Rabbids Kingdom (Switch)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=