Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What are your top 10 Genesis games?

Jun 08 at 4:54:46 PM
flatuswalrus (54)
(Mr. Dane) < Max Thunder >
Queensland
Originally posted by: Turbo Maniac

first shoot em up I ever played
It’s not too often you see someone’s top ten for this system have so many shooters. Shooters are my favourite genre on the arcade but for whatever reason I never had any as a kid on the Mega Drive, I really did miss out regarding shooters whilst growing up.

Jun 09 at 1:01:24 AM
maelwys (141)
(Mike W) < Seven Force >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: flatuswalrus

Originally posted by: maelwys

Huh! It looks like I never posted my top 10. What a travesty!

King's Bounty
I’ve always thought King’s Bounty looked so damn horrible, haha. What is it that makes it a good game to you? I’m trying trying to poop on the game but just genuinely curious.

I don't disagree with you on the graphics - they are pretty lame even compared to other Genesis titles, but I used to play this with my friend Steve for hours and hours. I love RPGs and strategy games, so this really appealed to me as a kid. Even now I'll fire it up and play for a bit - it just takes me back to childhood. I think that's the key with my top 10 - all of them are games I played when I was a kid when I didn't have an expansive library, and my friends and I played them nonstop.

Jun 10 at 5:26:40 PM
Turbo Maniac (24)

< Flicky >
Arizona

It’s not too often you see someone’s top ten for this system have so many shooters. Shooters are my favourite genre on the arcade but for whatever reason I never had any as a kid on the Mega Drive, I really did miss out regarding shooters whilst growing up.
You could say I missed out on them too as a child . I really only played lightening force on genesis and r type on gameboy as a kid. Now a days it’s my favorite genre.

what are some of your favorite shoot em ups? Do you like toaplan? Something about that company really does it for me. Of course r type 3 on snes is another one of my favorites and gate of thunder on turbografx cd is up there as well... Not to derail the thread but shoot em ups are the best of the best in my opinion..

Jun 11 at 2:51:45 AM
flatuswalrus (54)
(Mr. Dane) < Max Thunder >
Queensland

You could say I missed out on them too as a child. I really only played lightening force on genesis and r type on gameboy as a kid. Now days it’s my favorite genre.

what are some of your favorite shoot em ups? Do you like toaplan? Something about that company really does it for me. Of course r type 3 on snes is another one of my favorites and gate of thunder on turbografx cd is up there as well... Not to derail the thread but shoot em ups are the best of the best in my opinion.
I do like Toaplan, they did some awesome games. My favourite company for shooters, in general, would be Cave.

My favourite shmups on the arcade are:
  1. DoDonPachi
  2. Guwange
  3. Mushihime-Sama
  4. Cyvern
  5. Espgaluda II
  6. Ray Storm
  7. Deathsmiles
  8. Vasara & Vasara 2
  9. ESP Ra.De.
  10. Sengoku Blade (Tengai)
  11. Dragon Blaze
  12. Gunbird 2
  13. Progear
  14. Cotton 2: Magical Night Dreams
  15. Truxton II
  16. Shienryu
As for the Mega Drive/Genesis, out of all the different types of shooters my favourites are:

1. Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer
  2. Granada / Maneuver Cepter Granada
  3. Gynoug / Wings of Wor
  4. Desert, Jungle and Urban Strike
  5. Twinkle Tale
  6. Battle Mania: DaiginjŨ
  7. Truxton
  8. Eliminate Down
  9. Vapor Trail
  10. Sub-Terrania
  11. Panorama Cotton