Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Paprium Documentary- The Sega Genesis Game With NeoGeo Graphics

Jan 27 at 3:28:58 PM
St1ka (0)

< Flicky >
Hi everyone,

I have a small YouTube channel dedicated to retrogaming and I've been working on a documentary series for Paprium. Paprium was a new game being developed for the Sega Genesis / Pier Solar by the same makers of Pier Solar.

The game promised Neo-Geo graphics and was even taking pre-orders, but now, 7 years later it seems people have lost hope it will ever be released.

In this Documentary, I interview almost everyone who ever worked for the Studio.

You can find the video here: 

EDIT:

Part 2 here:

Edited: 02/15/2019 at 04:33 PM by St1ka

Jan 28 at 9:38:38 PM
maelwys (141)
(Mike W) < Seven Force >
Pennsylvania
As someone who backed this game based on the strength of Pier Solar, this is a tough pill to swallow. I also pre-ordered a Pier Solar strategy guide which I never received. Sunk cost at this point so no sense getting morose about it, but sad to hear that it's highly unlikely this game will ever see the light of day.

Jan 28 at 11:05:07 PM
flatuswalrus (54)
(Mr. Dane) < Max Thunder >
Queensland
I cannot even remember what project I backed of theirs years ago but I remember getting my money back because it took them so long. It was not the easiest to get my refund but I did get it. This is more disappointing than anything. I imagine those who backed this will not get a refund. I know people lives change and things happen. I know the people involved would not have wanted this to happen and their intentions would have been good. It is just a shame when people lose money during the process.

Jan 29 at 3:22:57 PM
St1ka (0)

< Flicky >
Originally posted by: flatuswalrus

I cannot even remember what project I backed of theirs years ago but I remember getting my money back because it took them so long. It was not the easiest to get my refund but I did get it. This is more disappointing than anything. I imagine those who backed this will not get a refund. I know people lives change and things happen. I know the people involved would not have wanted this to happen and their intentions would have been good. It is just a shame when people lose money during the process.
I pre-ordered paprium way back when, at this point I've accepted it's money lost.

Jan 31 at 12:37:13 PM
Podmax (37)
(M J) < Dr. Robotnik >
Texas
same here  

-------------------------
"When in this state of mind, the controller becomes held like the last rung of a ladder that mid-90's Bruce Willis is hanging onto for dear life above a paper mache replica of the New York City skyline covered in cement, broken glass, and Lego pieces." ~ Galacticlint

SegaAge Discord Chat invite link : https://discord.gg/N...

Jan 31 at 11:01:07 PM
dballin (22)
(Dave Balls) < Dr. Robotnik >
Rhode Island
yupppp. Add my +1 onto the I got duped pile. gg Project Y

Feb 03 at 1:13:50 PM
Nordak (0)
< Tom-Tom >
Arkansas
Thank you for sharing the link. I look forward to watching this when I find the time. As someone who got in on this news very late, I lucked out in the sense I would have thrown money at it. For those thay got burned, I am truly sorry. It's a huge breach of trust for folks in the Sega community. I have backed one game to date, Xeno Crisis, and it looks like it's nearing completion. My second hand Paprium experience, reading about all the frustrations and background, has definitely given me reason to pause before clicking that "fund" button in a general sense.

Edited: 02/03/2019 at 01:15 PM by Nordak

Feb 05 at 12:18:16 AM
nieds16 (38)
(Ty Nieds) < Boogerman >
United States
Thanks for your work putting together the documentary. When are we looking at getting part 2? I really liked understanding the dynamic over the years. For paprium, I invested in a number of copies. It's not like I've never made a bad purchase before, but this was one. My 2010 money is long gone. I didn't like the gem system, but I did like the ability to vote. I thought it odd that one could buy a ton of gems, vote, then get his/her money back. Also hearing the decisions were basically already made was a hard pill to swallow.

Feb 11 at 7:54:32 AM
theclaw (78)

(Lum Fan) < Sketch Turner >
Washington
No idea how many high profile mishaps there's been, I don't think I've backed anything.
Speaking of that... at this rate (I wasn't a backer) I'll never get the English printed Kimagure Orange Road manga, if they've even yet shipped copies to those who did back it.

-------------------------
This is a signature-tcha!

Edited: 02/11/2019 at 07:56 AM by theclaw

Feb 15 at 5:25:36 AM
Gunstar (3)

< Flicky >
Great video, it's a bummer that it all ended up this way. I was hoping for the next great Beam Em Up and I'm left just disappointed more then anything. I pre-ordered the day it went live since Pier Solar did eventually deliver, but it seems this time I'll be out. It sucks but it was nice to see someone take the time to document the events

Feb 15 at 4:33:39 PM
St1ka (0)

< Flicky >
Originally posted by: nieds16

Thanks for your work putting together the documentary. When are we looking at getting part 2? I really liked understanding the dynamic over the years. For paprium, I invested in a number of copies. It's not like I've never made a bad purchase before, but this was one. My 2010 money is long gone. I didn't like the gem system, but I did like the ability to vote. I thought it odd that one could buy a ton of gems, vote, then get his/her money back. Also hearing the decisions were basically already made was a hard pill to swallow.

Part 2 will be out this Sunday! You can find the link here: