Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

SEGA announces Streets of Rage 4 It's happening!

Aug 27 at 11:11:09 AM
teh lurv (117)
< Sketch Turner >
Massachusetts
SEGA and DotEMU dropped this trailer this morning with no warning. We're getting old man Axel and Blaze in a high-rez sprite 2D beat-em-up:

-------------------------
My FS/FT thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My Mario Maker Levels:
F498-0000-0040-2217 - Wall Slide or Die

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Aug 27 at 11:31:38 AM
SpaceFlea (49)
(Dan J) < Seven Force >
Oklahoma
The visuals are... less than appealing. It lacks grit.

Be Attitude For Gains...

Aug 27 at 11:42:13 AM
The Count (102)
(Grant X.) < Neff >
Minnesota
Sweet, I'm a buyer if it's a physical release.

Aug 27 at 4:36:45 PM
flatuswalrus (54)
(Mr. Dane) < Max Thunder >
Queensland
I don't get it. Is it supposed to be a film, show or game? Either way, I want nothing to do with it. I don't need another one in my life, the originals are good enough for me.

Aug 27 at 8:01:21 PM
AsmikAce (92)
< Neff >
Indiana
Its made by the same person who did that Dragon's Curse reboot. Its hard make the jump from great 16 pixel graphics to cel animated one but if it plays like SOR should, I am down.

Also if it has to has Yuzo in charge of the soundtrack, no matter what.

Edited: 08/27/2018 at 08:59 PM by AsmikAce

Aug 27 at 9:54:59 PM
Giancarlogb (4)

< Neff >
..if feels sad seeing Street Of Rage been in a console not made by Sega...

Aug 28 at 9:18:48 AM
nieds16 (38)
(Ty Nieds) < Funklord >
United States
That didn't look good at all, and, for the loved of God, can we not get a game with adam in it? Story line of game 2 is fine. He was sorely missed in game 3.

Aug 29 at 2:21:53 PM
dballin (22)
(Dave Balls) < Dr. Robotnik >
Rhode Island
Will it come out before project y?

Aug 29 at 7:55:54 PM
nieds16 (38)
(Ty Nieds) < Funklord >
United States
Originally posted by: dballin

Will it come out before project y?

Lol. Probably, but hey have tried to make a SOR 4 for years so we will see if this is finally a follow through.

Aug 29 at 11:07:09 PM
Podmax (37)
(M J) < Dr. Robotnik >
Texas
glad im not the only one who is not all that excited by this announcement trailer. Im not a fan of the art style of the game but if they put the time and care into this like they did previously with Dragons Curse im sure it'll will come out nicely in the end.

Also Im surprised there has been no mention of the Sonic Chaos remake that some fans are doing.

"When in this state of mind, the controller becomes held like the last rung of a ladder that mid-90's Bruce Willis is hanging onto for dear life above a paper mache replica of the New York City skyline covered in cement, broken glass, and Lego pieces." ~ Galacticlint

SegaAge Discord Chat invite link : https://discord.gg/N...

Edited: 08/29/2018 at 11:08 PM by Podmax

Aug 30 at 6:55:21 AM
Vivi-gamer (5)
< Flicky >
United Kingdom
Genuinely excited for this! I've been wanting a decent side scrolling fighter for ages - I have a deep love for PS2's The Bouncer and have not found a title since that hits that style game in a AAA Production. While this is hardly AAA, It will certainly do! Congrats to SEGA in general, they've really been on a triumphant return over the last few years with reviving the Yakuza series, Shenmue, Sonic Mania - Pumped for Team Sonic Racing too! I preferred All-Star Racing over MarioKart... but a 2nd to Crash Team Racing still  

Playstation Age Forums Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/PsAgeForums...     [[Search for our PS4 Community too!]]

Edited: 08/30/2018 at 06:57 AM by Vivi-gamer

Sep 08 at 10:47:49 AM
Nordak (0)
< Tom-Tom >
Arkansas
I'm excited about this. At first I had my doubts about it, but apparently journalists familiar with the originals have played the demo at PAX West and claim the gameplay is spot on. The creators hinted at a surprise announcement later on regarding the soundtrack, and Yuzo, while not saying he was involved, left a cryptic message on his Twitter that basically said he couldn't talk about his being involved. My guess is they are in negotiations and he is probably going to do the soundtrack. I will be buying.

Sep 11 at 5:47:37 PM
Nordak (0)
< Tom-Tom >
Arkansas
I'll drop this off here, as it's a more in-depth look at what is known thus far. https://www.gamespot.com/articles...

Sounds very promising, even in it's infancy.

Sep 12 at 10:14:05 AM
Nordak (0)
< Tom-Tom >
Arkansas
I'm dropping another link here, as this really delves into the process the team is taking toward SoR4. Apologies in advance for link bombing the op's thread. https://www.nintendolife.com/news...

For folks who are dismissing this before it's released, I'm going to implore you to take another look and read the article. I think we are in very good hands here. My motivation is somewhat selfish, as it sounds like based on the success of this game, we could get more of our beloved Sega classics revamped. I'd love to see a new Shining Force or Shinobi reboot.

Sep 12 at 4:04:34 PM
flatuswalrus (54)
(Mr. Dane) < Max Thunder >
Queensland
I have looked at and read those links. If people feel good towards this that is completely fine, everyone is different and have the right to like what they like. I just personally despise this damn Hollywood cash-cow type mentality of instead of being really creative and coming up with brand spankin' new stuff cashing in on the 30's aged-bracket people's nostalgia with movies, shows, toys, games and Nirvana/Ramones t-shirts at Walmart. I'm all for letting sleeping dogs rest and not kicking them in the guts to dance for our amusement, and money. I agree with a previous comment this does not look like a new game but mostly a remake with modern graphics. SOR (2 in particular) was good for a reason. Therefore in my mind it doesn't need to be tampered with (raped). Just release the old on the newer systems like they do at times instead of teaching kids you can only enjoy this old stuff when it's remade (which EVERYTHING seems to be).

Sep 12 at 7:39:08 PM
Nordak (0)
< Tom-Tom >
Arkansas
I respect and understand what you're saying. I personally couldn't care what the intent of Dot Emu and company is as far as marketing and who they're marketing to. I just want to play a new SoR beat 'em up that is true to the gameplay/feel of the originals while adding something fresh to the mix. I'm hopeful that this will fulfill that wish. So far, it sounds very promising.