Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

YOUR HONEST OPINION: TMNT TOURNAMENT FIGHTERS

Apr 20 at 10:59:57 PM
Giancarlogb (3)

< Sketch Turner >
 Hi guys,

Just want to know your honest opinion about this game, i'll try to make the story short:

Back in the day who wasn't a tmnt fan and on the videogame world the fighting games were the hot stuff, so simple math: street fighter + tmnt = my mind almost blowing up.

First version that i play was the Snes one and it didn't dissapoint, still one of my favorite snes and fighting games (only game that i own for the snes) everything was just how i expect as a kid or better. Then i didn't realize that there was a Sega version, when i saw it at my cousins house. The first thing that i notice was the cover (it was different!) this is a new game! and a couple of minutes later my happiness ended .Here are some facts:

- Only 8 playable characters.(Snes version 12)
- Bad characters choice (Ray and sisiwho??!)
- Broken gameplay ( if you knockdown your opponent, you could slam them until the end of the match)
- Only one ending. (With only 8 characters, could they possible make the replay value more shorter)
- The desesperation move which is the super move are uninspiring.
- 3 bosses and there are not playable ( there is a game genie code, but you had to buy a game genie, on top of that they did not have desesperation moves. Basically it was a hack to the game, not planned as a cheat.)
- Only 2 attack buttons. (Street fighter and the 6 button layout were already on the market, and the snes version had a 6 button configuration if a remember, no excuse)

I want to say i do respect anybodys opinion, but for me is still kinda shocking looking at reviews online saying that it was the BEST VERSION and Gamepro putting it at the time as a big fighting contender behind Street Fighter. I'm being to harsh on the game? maybe missing something? the only thing that in my opinion could possibly have on top of the Snes version is the Nostalgia factor (Maybe the first game you got, a surprise gift , etc) and that's it.

Is this your favorite version? do you agree with me? what's you opinion?.

Apr 22 at 4:42:33 PM
The Count (100)
(Grant X.) < Neff >
Minnesota
The NES version is my favorite and is the best fighting game for the system.

Apr 22 at 8:31:58 PM
The Age of Genesis (13)
< Tom-Tom >
I only ever saw these Genesis version growing up, and I've always been intrigued by it. Something about the art style. It's fun in a versus game when both people don't really know what they're doing, but the AI is brutal.

Apr 23 at 10:26:53 AM
Giancarlogb (3)

< Sketch Turner >
I kinda liked what they were trying to do with the dark art especially on the select screen.

But ,In a way ,you were lucky that you didn't play the Snes version first, i feel like is even unfair to compare both.

Apr 25 at 9:29:33 AM
SUBSCRIBER
cirellio (47)
(Nintendo Sage) < Flicky >
Illinois
Yeah, SNES version was the best, and the NES version is a hidden gem. The Genesis version is probably third place sadly.

-------------------------
Instagram
Wishlist

Jul 13 at 12:07:46 AM
teh lurv (109)
< Sketch Turner >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: The Count

Isn't that game the only fighting game on the NES? It kinda wins by default.  

-------------------------
My FS/FT thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My Mario Maker Levels:
F498-0000-0040-2217 - Wall Slide or Die

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Jul 13 at 4:38:05 PM
dballin (22)
(Dave Balls) < Dr. Robotnik >
Rhode Island
Originally posted by: teh lurv

Originally posted by: The Count

Isn't that game the only fighting game on the NES? It kinda wins by default.  

How can you forget classics like Urban Champion and Karate Champ?