Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Error Spotlight: Power Monger Sega Age exclusive Error Spotlight

Dec 02 at 1:45:40 PM
hybrid (43)

(jeff .) < Neff >
Virginia
I recently got a new misprint for my collection it's right now my only Genesis one. In this post I will tell you how to find this elusive variant.

As can be seen with this there is the wrong back to the image. This once was though at least by me to be the back cover of F-22 Interceptor,but I was wrong the image is from the back of the manual. There are other things which can be used to determine if what is for sale is this one or a normal copy. I am going to go over each of the differences starting with the front.

Missing from the front is the "real time strategy" diamond, the bullfrog productions logo and blurb, and the for 8 bit message. Another thing to note is the text at the bottom is thinner than the normal version
Now moving onto the spine two main things to note here one Power Monger is in white instead of the gold and the Electronic Arts and Sega Genesis logos are black instead of white

And there is one thing to note about the back which has an inspected by circle on it it was hand initialed

-------------------------

Edited: 12/02/2018 at 01:52 PM by hybrid

Dec 03 at 10:00:29 AM
nrslam (10)

(Ron S) < Tom-Tom >
Washington
It's funny that such a gross error has an "inspected by XX" notation. Seems that person didn't do the job very well.

Has more than 1 copy like this surfaced?

Dec 03 at 3:59:04 PM
hybrid (43)

(jeff .) < Neff >
Virginia
Yes there are they seem to be more prevalent out side of the US I had to get my copy from France

-------------------------

Dec 05 at 1:13:09 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
Great find! If I ever resume daily searches on eBay for Genesis games I'll be keeping an eye out for it

Dec 08 at 3:30:00 PM
cyberguile (2)

(joe musashi) < Alex Kidd >
France
Thanks for the hints !
Managed to grab one from ebay italy, received it today  
Now need to scan the cover