Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

SMS REN and Stimpy "Quest for the Shaven Yak BR Does anyone know the history or rarity?

May 12 at 4:26:57 PM
DaneNES (3)
< Flicky >
North Carolina
i just finished getting a full Ren and Stimpy game collection. One of the stranger games is the QFTSY Brazil port to SMS from the gamegear version. I can hardly find any real information on it except for it exists. Does anyone know more about its availability and release?

-------------------------
8bitguerilla : eBay

May 14 at 12:45:14 AM
flatuswalrus (54)
(Mr. Dane) < Max Thunder >
Queensland
I do not know how rare it is, but this si all I can find to even give a rough indication on price:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quest...
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-...~&nma=true&si=94mky0aaIqLyW86qE4MeSkP09cI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That is if the people ended up paying for those of course.

May 15 at 8:30:38 PM
DaneNES (3)
< Flicky >
North Carolina
Hah. I sure did end up paying that $156.sure wish I caught that cib for 130.It’s the only one I could find! Hence the question. Next to the handheld “firedogs” I picked up by THQ, it’s the hardest to find for sure. The full R&S collection was important to me, I suppose. I  naturally hope I didn’t get ripped off, but if the ass falls out the bottom of it tomorrow, we all spent too much these last ...6 years😀 luckily I’m not a full library collector. In fact.... zen intergalactic ninja for NES wIll now conclude my nes collecting!!!!    I think... ?

Edited: 05/15/2018 at 08:33 PM by DaneNES

May 15 at 9:07:36 PM
The Count (102)
(Grant X.) < Neff >
Minnesota
Out of curiosity, which games compile a full Ren & Stimpy collection?

May 15 at 9:26:56 PM
DaneNES (3)
< Flicky >
North Carolina
Dang. Of coarse I just found a better deal... EEEdiot!

NOW TAKING OFFERS for: cart only Brazil ported SMS, Ren and Stimpy quest for the shaven yak. (sadly not a joke)

I don't always make bad eBay purchases. But when I do... I post about it before I realize it.

May 15 at 9:34:39 PM
DaneNES (3)
< Flicky >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: The Count

Out of curiosity, which games compile a full Ren & Stimpy collection?

Oh. Well I guess I’m just assuming but I think these are all of them. 11 in all I’ve found. 

NES: buckaroos
sms: Brazil version QFTSY
SEGA GENI: Stimpy’s invention
SNES: firedogs; buckaroos, time warp, Veediots.
GB: space cadets; veediots
GG: (original) quest for shaven yak
THQ HAND HELD: (crappy) version of fire dogs
to my knowledge that’s it. Please let me know what I missed

May 16 at 7:18:37 AM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
I don't know what you mean by real information on it. So do you mean like release date, production-size, etc? Or why it was only released in Brazil.

Your post sounds more like general curiosity about TecToy and how TecToy operated back then. Brazil continued to release games for the SMS and Mega Drive even after interest in the systems waned in other countries. I'm curious myself how much work TecToy had to do or if they were primarily a publisher that brought to market finished products from developers worldwide.

As for $156 for a cart, you grossly overpaid.

Check out Brazil's Mercadolibre and search for: stimpy Sega

The cart is available for $10-$15. And there is a CIB for about $100 (350 Brazilian real), though I'm sure with patience it would be cheaper.

In the future if you have Brazilian needs check Mercadolibre to at least be aware if it's readily available and for how much. On NintendoAge you should be able to find a member in Brazil to help you purchase it.

May 16 at 5:25:33 PM
DaneNES (3)
< Flicky >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: supergamboy

I don't know what you mean by real information on it. So do you mean like release date, production-size, etc? Or why it was only released in Brazil.

Yes. These Questions are the answers I was looking for. and the general tectoy Sega Brazil publishing is also a little foggy. I’m normally much more skeptical before dropping money like that on a game. but I just couldn’t find any good information on it to figure otherwise. thanks for the heads up on where to look in the future.
i already found a better deal on cib  version. Guess I gotta eat it on this one. I have a Sega collector buddy I bet will want it for trade. I’m an NES collector and accidentally keep Acquiring Sega equipment. The only Sega titles I’ve sought after were the Ren & Stimpy ones.