Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Surgical Strike 32X CD Release

Oct 04 at 3:43:37 PM
xelement5x (7)
< Tom-Tom >
Colorado
So, as many people know there has been discussion of a release of Surgical Strike for the 32XCD happening in Brazil long ago, but very little has ever surfaced, until recently!

I stumbled across this from another forum recently:
http://www.vgdb.com.br/i/pre-orde...

The person has an original copy of the game and has produced what appears to be high quality reproductions for sale of it, but also released the ISO for free in the link above.  

I recently received my own copy from them, it took maybe 3 weeks after shipping to get from Brazil to me in the USA.

I had originally posted this awhile back on Sega16, but after posting this to Instagram I got a message from Johnny inquiring where I had purchased it from, so I figured a SegaAge thread wouldn't be a bad idea to have as well.  Personally, I'm just glad that the person down in Brazil was willing to reproduce and sell the game for people who want a copy, plus release the ISO free of charge without any strings attached.

-------------------------
"Rocky and Bullwinkle is the worst unlicensed NES game I can think of. Even Color a Dinosaur is better, and it just involves coloring a dinosaur."

Edited: 10/04/2017 at 03:48 PM by xelement5x

Oct 04 at 3:44:56 PM
xelement5x (7)
< Tom-Tom >
Colorado
As well, here is the FAQ from the link on the site:

32XCD Surgical Strike Re-launch FAQ

What you guys can tell us about the quality of this release?
The CD's will be professionally pressed with high quality print. The Box is similar to the original one (cardboard boxes from 32XCD games from Brazil at the time). The same goes for the instruction manual. The poster and the folder will be printed in high quality as well.
The similarities are so big that this release can be confused with the original 1995 one?
No. All the items included in this package has marks, logos and info's that make it distinguish from the 1995 rare release.
The CD is NTSC or PAL?
The CD is NTSC, exactly as the one released in 1995 in Brazil.
Which language is used in the instructions manual and the box?
Both goes in Portuguese, as it was in the 1995 launch.
And how about the language used in the game?
The game is all in English, using its original audio, and has no subtitles.
The Fahrenheit game requires inserting the Sega CD version first, and later the 32X version. Surgical Strike works this way?
No. The 32XCD version of Surgical Strike works all be itself, with no need at all to use the Sega CD version first.
Are you guys intending to release the image / iso of the game to the public?
Yes. The iso of the game is available for download for free in our website: http://www.vgdb.com.br/i/pre-orde...
This is an official release of the game?
No. This is a homage to the game and the 32X history. Since the Trademark of Surgical Strike is dead, and only two copies of the original game are known to exist, we thought the 32X community would appreciate it. We are 32X collectors as well, who were looking forever for a copy of Surgical Strike. Now that we finally get a hold of it, we fell the need to share this with everybody.
When the game was in pre-order it was priced 55 dolars. Why is it costs 59.99 now?
The shipping costs in Brazil went high since we launched the pre-order in june. We had no choice but increase the price of the game.

I was a bit skeptical but contacted them for some additional information and heard back pretty quickly:
1) I see the CD disc spindles, is the rest of the packaging already made as well?
Yes. All the pre-orders were already sent to the buyers and the regular orders are shipped soon after the payment. Some of the pre-orders have already reach their destination. Here is an unboxing video from one of the pre-buyers:

2) When are these expected to be shipped out?
As soon as your payment is confirmed.

3) What method are you using for shipping to send these internationally? I am in the United States.
It's similar to the USPS Priority, with tracking.

4) Would it be possible to request an invoice for payment, and pay that way?
I can try to do that. I'll be putting the game on ebay in the next couple of days, but that will probably increase the value, because of the ebay fees.

-------------------------
"Rocky and Bullwinkle is the worst unlicensed NES game I can think of. Even Color a Dinosaur is better, and it just involves coloring a dinosaur."

Edited: 10/04/2017 at 03:45 PM by xelement5x