Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Asian MD games - information needed where to buy, etc.

Aug 14 at 12:40:44 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Northern Ireland
Originally posted by: Dante Vale

Originally posted by: Dyer60

Japanese WWF Raw might have an English Label unnoticed by collectors or still out there waiting to be found.

Why? Because if a games manufactured in Mexico, chances it will be sold into Asia market. Just like I sold snes Super Copa made in Mexico but not sold in United States but Asia.

Here are the pics of The Lion King.

Interesting theory. Could well be although RAW is so rare it could take a while to proove.

What about Sonic 3D for the blue box release list?

Sega Megadrive Japanese and Asian games are mixed match and separated by language text label. Keep an eye on RAW if there is WYWY logo then "Bingo".
As for Sonic 3D, I havent seen one yet.

They certainly are mix and match.

I have Sonic 3D but I'm not around to grab any pics, it is registered over at Guardianna here:

http://www.guardiana.net/MDG-Database/Mega%20Drive/Sonic%203...

Aug 14 at 12:47:18 PM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Other

Originally posted by: Dante Vale

Japanese WWF Raw might have an English Label unnoticed by collectors or still out there waiting to be found.

Why? Because if a games manufactured in Mexico, chances it will be sold into Asia market. Just like I sold snes Super Copa made in Mexico but not sold in United States but Asia.

Here are the pics of The Lion King.

Interesting theory. Could well be although RAW is so rare it could take a while to proove.

What about Sonic 3D for the blue box release list?

Sega Megadrive Japanese and Asian games are mixed match and separated by language text label. Keep an eye on RAW if there is WYWY logo then "Bingo".
As for Sonic 3D, I havent seen one yet.

They certainly are mix and match.

I have Sonic 3D but I'm not around to grab any pics, it is registered over at Guardianna here:

http://www.guardiana.net/MDG-Database/Mega%20Drive/Sonic%203...

I didn't know there is Sonic 3D Asian. Need to keep a lookout for that game.

Blue Box Asian:
1. Sonic 3D
2. Virtua Fighter
3. The Lion King
4. WWF Raw (*It's not yet confirmed*)

-------------------------

Edited: 08/14/2019 at 12:48 PM by Dante Vale

Aug 14 at 2:51:19 PM
ViKiNg80 (5)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Awesome Lion King copy Dante! Cool!

Aug 15 at 3:47:29 AM
cyberguile (2)

(joe musashi) < Alex Kidd >
France
Could you send me scan of the Lion king cover Dante so I can add it to guardiana  

Aug 15 at 1:31:03 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Northern Ireland
There is a Asian Yu Yu Hakasho up for auction on Yahoo Japan, a bit pricey but looks to be sealed. I wonder if it has the English manual?

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/aucti...

Might be on interest to someone.

Edited: 08/15/2019 at 01:38 PM by Dyer60

Aug 18 at 10:46:24 AM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Northern Ireland
After reading @Dante Vale theory I have taken a closer look at my WWF RAW.

The cart was assembled in Mexico and the text on the sticker on the reverse is in Japanese. Pics for reference:

Looking closer at the artwork it is an amended version of the PAL European version with Japanese text and a Euro catalogue number "T81316-50". 

As is the case with most Japanese AKKLAIM releases they are a real jumble and mixture of Euro and far eastern styles.

I have yet to see a RAW with an English cart label, but that's not to say this wasn't distributed in Asian countries, however at this stage I still belive it to be a Japanese release that could have been sold in Asia.

Edited: 08/18/2019 at 10:58 AM by Dyer60

Sep 08 at 4:30:50 AM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Northern Ireland
I'm back from a break in Hong Kong and managed to pick up a couple of interesting variants.

A massive thank you to a good friend of mine who help turn these up and put me in touch with a few other sellers. Thanks!!!! 

Firstly an official Chinese language version of Ambition of Caesar, this is documented on the Net but not widely known about, I was also unable to find it on any databases and it is not listed on Guardiana.

Side by side with the Japanese version:

Some obvious differences if you are looking to pick one up:

The Micronet Logo on the frongt is in blue font
Artwork states "Mega drive Cartridge" in English 
Chinese/English language in front side and back of the artwork
Different manual and cart artwork

Edited: 09/08/2019 at 07:29 AM by Dyer60

Sep 08 at 4:44:10 AM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Northern Ireland
The next is The World of Illusion.

I had seen this a few times either on ebay or or via online sellers, I always thought it to be a marriage with a Japanese cart and Asian packaging but on closer inspection the cart has an English label on the reverse, I believe it to be a legit variant.

Everything else remains the same as the standard Asian release the only difference is the cart. Japanese front label and English reverse.

Edited: 09/08/2019 at 04:58 AM by Dyer60

Sep 08 at 11:14:45 AM
cyberguile (2)

France
Nice find for the ambition of caeasar !
I had seen the red label cartridge a couple of times on ebay but thought it was probably a pirate one  
Just bought the variant CIB, waiting for it to arrive  

That world of illusion cartridge is pretty weird, serial number on front sticker doesn't match with the serial number on the back  

Sep 08 at 3:48:20 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Northern Ireland
Originally posted by: cyberguile

Nice find for the ambition of caeasar !
I had seen the red label cartridge a couple of times on ebay but thought it was probably a pirate one  
Just bought the variant CIB, waiting for it to arrive  

That world of illusion cartridge is pretty weird, serial number on front sticker doesn't match with the serial number on the back  

I was the same, I spotted a few over the years but never realised!

With regard to World of Illusion, it is just one of many crazy Asian releases where serial numbers are mixed. 

Sep 14 at 10:01:21 AM
cyberguile (2)

France
I've been offered a complete copy of sub-terrania but neither me nor the seller have an idea on how much I should pay for it nowadays.
Any clue guys ?

Sep 14 at 11:45:59 AM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Northern Ireland
Originally posted by: cyberguile

I've been offered a complete copy of sub-terrania but neither me nor the seller have an idea on how much I should pay for it nowadays.
Any clue guys ?

I would say @ViKiNg80 is your man I believe he was the last to buy one.

In my experience they have seen it sell between $20 and $150+, I would think a realistic current price is around $150 ish.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 09/14/2019 at 11:46 AM by Dyer60

Sep 15 at 2:37:28 AM
ViKiNg80 (5)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Yeah, i bought it in 2017 for 170 USD from Italian seller as i remember.
If seller agree for 150 USD - i think it's a deal, but of course you must ask for lower price first