Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Loading...

Asian MD games - information needed where to buy, etc.

Jun 04 at 12:25:23 AM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 35 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Other
Profile
Originally posted by: Dyer60
 
Originally posted by: Dante Vale

After looking at Dyer60 awesome collection, I believe there are still more to go for Asian variants. The Gold Logo pretty much completed unless they are still out there.
I recently doing some research regarding this unknown Asian MD.


Cartridge Part numbers: 670-1630-01 ( This could be a new Asian Library )

1. Sword of Vermillion - European label, Asian cartridge, back label Japanese text, Part numbers: 670-1630-01

2. Rocket Knight Adventures - European label, Asian cartridge, back label Japanese text, Part numbers: 670-1630-01

3. Phantasy Star III - European label, Asian cartridge, back label Japanese text, Part numbers: 670-1630-01

4. Gleylancer - Japanese Label, Asian cartridge, back label Japanese text, Part numbers: 670-1630-01 (Asian Version)

4. Battlemania - Japanese Label, Asian cartridge, back label Japanese text, Part numbers: 670-1630-01 (Asian Version)
Japanese Label, Japanese cartridge, back label Japanese text, Part numbers: 670-4745 (Japanese Version)

Are these 670-1630-01 for Asian library?

Possibly.

This is very interesting.

I have just had a look through my set and David Robinsons Basketball and Shining Force are the same.

They are both:

European label, Asian cartridge, back label Japanese text, Part numbers: 670-1630-01

Do you own Gleylancer or Battlemaia? Do you have pics?


 


I am not sure about the other "Part Numbers: 670-....."
But will give my view on it if there are anything similar to Asian variants.

Here are the pics for (Part Numbers 670-1630-01) as requested by Dyer60.












Here is the different Part Numbers 670-4745 for Battlemania


 

-------------------------
 


Edited: 06/04/2019 at 01:08 AM by Dante Vale

Jun 04 at 6:25:19 AM
cyberguile (2)

(joe musashi) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 46 - Joined: 03/11/2012
France
Profile
Interesting find !
Just checked a couple of my japanese games, I have the follow with the 670-1630-01 code:
Gleylancer, snow bros, twingkle tale, el viento
Think it's more about first print/second print since everything else doesn't change.

Jun 14 at 4:05:53 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
Originally posted by: cyberguile

Interesting find !
Just checked a couple of my japanese games, I have the follow with the 670-1630-01 code:
Gleylancer, snow bros, twingkle tale, el viento
Think it's more about first print/second print since everything else doesn't change.
Still researching this, however it is a sound theory that it is a different print run.

I'm not convinced that the "01" prefix is an Asian especaiilly give some of the titles mentioned and that being the only difference.



 

Jun 14 at 4:06:11 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
In other news, just found this:

 

Doesn't look to be a recored variant and it's not on Guardiana.

Sadly the back of the cart and the top of the label are wrecked, I have a replacement cart in the post but that is only just a tad better.

Always nice to find something new and a heads up to everyone else to keep an eye out.


Edited: 06/14/2019 at 05:00 PM by Dyer60

Jun 14 at 4:54:05 PM
ViKiNg80 (5)
avatar
< Neff >
Posts: 348 - Joined: 05/06/2016
Russian Federation
Profile
Originally posted by: Dyer60

In other news, just found this:
 

Asian Golden Axe? Great find! Very interesting!
 

Jun 14 at 5:04:22 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
Originally posted by: ViKiNg80
 
Originally posted by: Dyer60

In other news, just found this:
 

Asian Golden Axe? Great find! Very interesting!
 

YEP! 

I had a hunch it existed, managed to find this complete one and a cart only version so confident it is the real deal.

I wonder how many other unrecorded Asian games are out there?

 

Jun 15 at 3:02:47 PM
ViKiNg80 (5)
avatar
< Neff >
Posts: 348 - Joined: 05/06/2016
Russian Federation
Profile
Originally posted by: Dyer60

I wonder how many other unrecorded Asian games are out there?

I wonder why we still don't have a list of them. Asian market is quite big, it's not just local region.

Jun 15 at 5:33:35 PM
MODERATOR
flatuswalrus (54)
avatar
(Mr. Dane) < Max Thunder >
Posts: 7693 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Queensland
Profile
I don't know how correct it is but Guardiana lists 75 Asian releases.

Jun 15 at 8:15:29 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
Originally posted by: flatuswalrus

I don't know how correct it is but Guardiana lists 75 Asian releases.

There are defo more than 75 Asian releases, I own around 80 or so and have notified Guardiana of some missing games.

Its such a grey area with not enough solid release information, I’m not sure we will ever get the exact number, but it’s great to have a small community building and sharing knowledge! 

Aug 02 at 11:14:11 AM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
Ghostbusters-

 

Sadly the cart is pretty poor looks like the previous owner opened the cart to use it on a PAL system! It doesn't have a sticker on the back (so no details regarding reg numbers etc), the artwork and manual are identical to the standard Euro release. 


Edited: 08/02/2019 at 07:42 PM by Dyer60

Aug 02 at 5:41:33 PM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 35 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Other
Profile
I need these games. Anyone selling?

1.Subterrania
2.Shadowrun
3.Dr Robotnik
4.Toejam & Earl
5.Batman Returns
6.Greatest Heavyweights
7.Virtual Racing
8.Ecco the Dolphin

-------------------------
 

Aug 02 at 7:49:16 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
Originally posted by: Dante Vale

I need these games. Anyone selling?

1.Subterrania
2.Shadowrun
3.Dr Robotnik
4.Toejam & Earl
5.Batman Returns
6.Greatest Heavyweights
7.Virtual Racing
8.Ecco the Dolphin

This might be of interest:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIRTUA-RACING-sega-Mega-Drive-MD/...
 

Aug 02 at 8:36:33 PM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 35 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Other
Profile
Thank you for the link, Dyer60.

-------------------------
 

Aug 07 at 4:37:39 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
This is a fun find, whilst technically not Asian (it is a Japanese version) it has clearly been sold in Singapore by official distributer WYWY. It comes with the original bill of sale!!!!

 


Edited: 08/07/2019 at 04:38 PM by Dyer60

Aug 07 at 8:52:36 PM
The Count (106)
avatar
(Grant X.) < Bio-Hazard Battler >
Posts: 521 - Joined: 11/30/2010
Minnesota
Profile
^^^ I love vintage receipts and this one is great! As an American, I've never seen an original receipt quite like this. Thank you for sharing.

Aug 08 at 3:04:41 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
Originally posted by: The Count

^^^ I love vintage receipts and this one is great! As an American, I've never seen an original receipt quite like this. Thank you for sharing.

I know, right. It's fantastic. I's this sort of stuff that keeps me collecting.

How about everyone else, have you found anything random, or any inserts in your Asian games?

Aug 14 at 11:21:50 AM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 35 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Other
Profile
Dyer, that game you got there is actually Japanese version with WYWY logo sticker.
As long you see a WYWY logo, chances you might get a Japanese games with Asian version English label on the back of the cartridge.



Japanese games with Asian version English label:

1. McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
2. Super Shinobi 2
3. Columns III
4. Gunstar Heroes
5. Aah! Harimanada
6. Golden Axe III
7. Bare Knuckle III


Blue Box Asian Megadrive:

1. WWF RAW (It might be Asian version not Japanese) Made in Mexico (Need to see the back of the cartridge label)
2. Virtua Fighter (For Pal & French Secam)
3. The Lion King (For Sale And Use In Asia)

 

-------------------------
 


Edited: 08/14/2019 at 11:28 AM by Dante Vale

Aug 14 at 11:39:54 AM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
Originally posted by: Dante Vale

Dyer, that game you got there is actually Japanese version with WYWY logo sticker.
As long you see a WYWY logo, chances you might get a Japanese games with Asian version English label on the back of the cartridge.



Japanese games with Asian version English label:

1. McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
2. Super Shinobi 2
3. Columns III
4. Gunstar Heroes
5. Aah! Harimanada
6. Golden Axe III
7. Bare Knuckle III


Blue Box Asian Megadrive:

1. WWF RAW (It might be Asian version not Japanese) Made in Mexico (Need to see the back of the cartridge label)
2. Virtua Fighter (For Pal & French Secam)
3. The Lion King (For Sale And Use In Asia)

 

Yes that's what I stated (Japanese version with a sticker, sold by WYWY).

There are a few on your lists I wasn't aware of namely:

1. WWF RAW (It might be Asian version not Japanese) Made in Mexico (Need to see the back of the cartridge label)
3. The Lion King (For Sale And Use In Asia)

I have what I thought was a Japanese WWF RAW but the cart sticker is in Japanese, are you saying there is an English Label as well? Do you have any pics of the Lion King?


 


Edited: 08/14/2019 at 11:40 AM by Dyer60

Aug 14 at 12:01:19 PM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 35 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Other
Profile
*delete*

-------------------------
 


Edited: 08/14/2019 at 12:23 PM by Dante Vale

Aug 14 at 12:02:08 PM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 35 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Other
Profile
*delete*

-------------------------
 


Edited: 08/14/2019 at 12:23 PM by Dante Vale

Aug 14 at 12:04:30 PM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 35 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Other
Profile
Originally posted by: Dyer60
 
Originally posted by: Dante Vale

Dyer, that game you got there is actually Japanese version with WYWY logo sticker.
As long you see a WYWY logo, chances you might get a Japanese games with Asian version English label on the back of the cartridge.



Japanese games with Asian version English label:

1. McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
2. Super Shinobi 2
3. Columns III
4. Gunstar Heroes
5. Aah! Harimanada
6. Golden Axe III
7. Bare Knuckle III


Blue Box Asian Megadrive:

1. WWF RAW (It might be Asian version not Japanese) Made in Mexico (Need to see the back of the cartridge label)
2. Virtua Fighter (For Pal & French Secam)
3. The Lion King (For Sale And Use In Asia)

 

Yes that's what I stated (Japanese version with a sticker, sold by WYWY).

There are a few on your lists I wasn't aware of namely:

1. WWF RAW (It might be Asian version not Japanese) Made in Mexico (Need to see the back of the cartridge label)
3. The Lion King (For Sale And Use In Asia)

I have what I thought was a Japanese WWF RAW but the cart sticker is in Japanese, are you saying there is an English Label as well? Do you have any pics of the Lion King?


 

Here are the pics:


 

-------------------------
 

Aug 14 at 12:06:03 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
Holy crap! I had no idea that existed.......

I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Are those pics of yours?

Aug 14 at 12:13:44 PM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 35 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Other
Profile
Yes, those pics are mine. There could be more or less Blue Box Asian out there.

-------------------------
 


Edited: 08/14/2019 at 12:40 PM by Dante Vale

Aug 14 at 12:20:01 PM
Dyer60 (30)

< Neff >
Posts: 415 - Joined: 07/12/2013
Northern Ireland
Profile
 
Japanese WWF Raw might have an English Label unnoticed by collectors or still out there waiting to be found.

Why? Because if a games manufactured in Mexico, chances it will be sold into Asia market. Just like I sold snes Super Copa made in Mexico but not sold in United States but Asia.

Here are the pics of The Lion King.

 

Interesting theory. Could well be although RAW is so rare it could take a while to proove.

What about Sonic 3D for the blue box release list?
 

Aug 14 at 12:33:42 PM
Dante Vale (10)

(Dante Vale) < Alex Kidd >
Posts: 35 - Joined: 11/12/2010
Other
Profile
Originally posted by: Dyer60
 
 
Japanese WWF Raw might have an English Label unnoticed by collectors or still out there waiting to be found.

Why? Because if a games manufactured in Mexico, chances it will be sold into Asia market. Just like I sold snes Super Copa made in Mexico but not sold in United States but Asia.

Here are the pics of The Lion King.

 

Interesting theory. Could well be although RAW is so rare it could take a while to proove.

What about Sonic 3D for the blue box release list?
 

Sega Megadrive Japanese and Asian games are mixed match and separated by language text label. Keep an eye on RAW if there is WYWY logo then "Bingo".
As for Sonic 3D, I havent seen one yet.
 

-------------------------