Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Asian MD games - information needed where to buy, etc.

Jul 16 at 3:36:48 PM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Originally posted by: XE-A-THOUL

@ViKiNg80
Yes its complete with both manuals.

Thank you! I just try to organize information about Asian games.

Jul 16 at 3:41:13 PM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Originally posted by: supergamboy

I still have all of my Korean collection and most of my US Genesis collection is intact as well, I just sold off low-value items and certain variants. I'm sure one day I'll sell more of it, but its all a process. I'm just glad to see this discussion on Asian MD continue

supergamboy, could you please show us your Korean collection? Korean games are "Terra incognita" for me. Very interesting to see more than a couple of Korean games in one place  

Jul 16 at 3:46:43 PM
supergamboy (111)
< Funklord >
United States
Unfortunately, I don't seem to have any pictures of the games all laid out, and right now they're in storage with my parents.

I did however find this album of pictures, which has a few Korean games, but also a decent amount of Asian MD games all in one spot, including the side by side pics of Robotnik:
http://imgur.com/a/UvDwU...

Jul 16 at 3:51:50 PM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have any pictures of the games all laid out, and right now they're in storage with my parents.

I did however find this album of pictures, which has a few Korean games, but also a decent amount of Asian MD games all in one spot, including the side by side pics of Robotnik:
http://imgur.com/a/UvDwU

Wow, thanks so much! It's VERY interesting!
Only now i realized, that Golden Axe III has Korean edition...

Jul 16 at 3:56:14 PM
XE-A-THOUL (0)
< Alex Kidd >
Germany
Originally posted by: ViKiNg80

@ViKiNg80
Yes its complete with both manuals.

Thank you! I just try to organize information about Asian games.

This sounds great.

@supergamboy
Wow, what great collection. Why did you sell them (the Asian Versions)? Thanks for the pictures.

Edited: 07/16/2017 at 03:59 PM by XE-A-THOUL

Jul 17 at 7:30:53 PM
supergamboy (111)
< Funklord >
United States
@supergamboy
Wow, what great collection. Why did you sell them (the Asian Versions)? Thanks for the pictures.

I sold the Asian version games because I figured they would be hard to sell.  That might sound odd, but what I mean is: I've already decided that I'm going to sell my collection (all of it).  I know that with my CIB US releases that they have easy to track values and generally I think they will go up over time.  So for those, I can sell them at a later date.  Even if I'm not involved in the collecting scene, I can put them on eBay with $0.99 bids and they'll fetch proper prices.

Asian MD is a bit more obscure.  There are some games that I sold directly to buyers for more than $100.  But if I put on eBay with a low starting bid the same person might bid on the item but only pay $40 or $50 if no one else bids.  So because I thought Asian MD would be harder to sell later I sold it now while I knew other collectors who would be interested.

Korean will be the hardest to sell, but I am also more attached to that collection.  More attached to the Korean set than the US set.  Nearly any US release I can always buy again.  Some of the Korean games I have seen only once, when I bought them and not once since.

The short answer though comes down to storage space and expected change in value.  I only have enough space to store a certain amount of games.  If I think an item will still be at the same price in 3 years, especially if its a low price, no point in hanging onto it (ie sports games).  So when I was boxing up my items, I trimmed down the US collection and sold worse condition items (especially among sealed titles), and at the same time decided to selll anything irregular, which included things like a Sega Genesis paper weight, neck tie, and the Maximum Carnange QVC set. Plus big items like Miracle Piano.

Then to bring it full circle, why am I selling? I enjoyed researching and hunting for the games, but I never had them on display and I never made the time to play them or make them a more focal point of my life (like making a game room).  I just enjoyed talking about them and learning about them, and I reached a point where I had collected a lot and I said to myself "okay, this is good" and decided to stop.

Jul 18 at 9:22:53 AM
XE-A-THOUL (0)
< Alex Kidd >
Germany
@supergamboy
I can understand that someone stop collecting someday. But it certainly hurts to take these great things away? Too bad that I've known of all this, not quite before. Until 2011, I knew apart from PAL EU games absolutely nothing. In 2012, i had my first NTSC-J Games. Since it was too late, because the prices were already high. And the Gold Logos i first discovered last year. I still have Mega Drive Games which bought in 1995, but i am still quite at the beginning. That's why I've missed a lot. (Is my English really readable?)

Edited: 07/18/2017 at 09:52 AM by XE-A-THOUL

Jul 18 at 3:08:27 PM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
supergamboy, despite your decision of selling your collection i hope you still could share your wisdom with newbies!  
Seriously, your projects and guides are really helpful and contain unique information! Thank you once more for them!

XE-A-THOUL, relax man, you'll never beat me in "the worst english" contest  

Edited: 07/18/2017 at 03:08 PM by ViKiNg80

Jul 19 at 2:54:02 PM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Happy to add another tough artifact to my collection!  

Jul 19 at 3:21:09 PM
XE-A-THOUL (0)
< Alex Kidd >
Germany

Very nice get. Congratulation. Where did you find it?

Jul 19 at 3:30:50 PM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation

Very nice get. Congratulation. Where did you find it?

Thank you!
Nothing unusual - just eBay  

Jul 19 at 9:46:34 PM
supergamboy (111)
< Funklord >
United States
Was that from Hong Kong? There was one seller that had it for ages but I never pulled the trigger

Jul 20 at 2:56:28 AM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation

Was that from Hong Kong? There was one seller that had it for ages but I never pulled the trigger

Yes, it's from seller jayhui1986. Thanks for your hint about him!
Price was kinda high, but i've never seen this game anywhere else, so i decided to buy.

Jul 20 at 7:45:59 AM
supergamboy (111)
< Funklord >
United States
^Yep, that's the only copy of the game that I have also ever seen. Glad you were able to grab it!

Jul 20 at 8:39:33 AM
XE-A-THOUL (0)
< Alex Kidd >
Germany
How can i see what jayhui1986 sold? I constantly browse the Internet for Asian Games, but I did not find the Toejam (your luck ViKiNg80 ). You've seen it also @supergamboy, but i don't. Please help me. 

Edited: 07/20/2017 at 08:46 AM by XE-A-THOUL

Jul 20 at 11:02:39 AM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation

How can i see what jayhui1986 sold? I constantly browse the Internet for Asian Games, but I did not find the Toejam (your luck ViKiNg80 ). You've seen it also @supergamboy, but i don't. Please help me. 

You must use Hong Kong's ebay (ebay.com.hk) to see items from this seller. And yes, it's chinese only  

Jul 20 at 11:47:37 AM
XE-A-THOUL (0)
< Alex Kidd >
Germany

You must use Hong Kong's ebay (ebay.com.hk) to see items from this seller. And yes, it's chinese only  

Yes, i use ebay.com.hk. I search the seller with advanced search. Next i must log in - i do. Now i go to the shop of jayhui1986 and i see this:

Is that all he sell?

Edited: 08/15/2017 at 12:23 AM by XE-A-THOUL

Jul 20 at 3:09:55 PM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation

Is that all he sell?

Hmm... here is the same link from my computer

Jul 20 at 3:26:09 PM
XE-A-THOUL (0)
< Alex Kidd >
Germany

Hmm... here is the same link from my computer

I don' know what's the problem is. I've tested it with 3 different browsers - same result, i can't see his offers. 

Jul 20 at 4:22:56 PM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation

I don' know what's the problem is. I've tested it with 3 different browsers - same result, i can't see his offers. 

I think i know the reason. This seller ship to Asia + USA.
supergamboy live in USA, and i have mail forwarding address in USA. So, our shipping addresses located in USA. Your shipping address  is probably in Germany. When i set my russian address  - i could not see jayhui1986 items too.
Try to set your shipping address  to USA.

Edited: 07/20/2017 at 04:23 PM by ViKiNg80

Jul 20 at 10:59:58 PM
supergamboy (111)
< Funklord >
United States
I remember I usually had to change the URL

Does this link work for you?
https://www.ebay.ph/sch/m.html?_n...

That might be a philippines url which for whatever reason works, but usually I would find it on ebay.com.hk:
https://www.ebay.com.hk/sch/m.htm...

Both of those links should be the same. Then once I select the item I want I change the url to ebay.com (but keep the rest of the link intact) and it will translate it all to English

Jul 21 at 9:02:00 AM
XE-A-THOUL (0)
< Alex Kidd >
Germany

I remember I usually had to change the URL

Does this link work for you?
https://www.ebay.ph/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&...

That might be a philippines url which for whatever reason works, but usually I would find it on ebay.com.hk:
https://www.ebay.com.hk/sch/m.htm...

Both of those links should be the same. Then once I select the item I want I change the url to ebay.com (but keep the rest of the link intact) and it will translate it all to English
This is the result when I use the first link. The second Link is same, only in chinese. Can you see offers by using these links?

I think i know the reason. This seller ship to Asia + USA.
supergamboy live in USA, and i have mail forwarding address in USA. So, our shipping addresses located in USA. Your shipping address  is probably in Germany. When i set my russian address  - i could not see jayhui1986 items too.
Try to set your shipping address  to USA.

Do you see the offers only if you are logged in? (Without login, my shipping address should be no preference?)  What is if you use supergamboys Links?

Edited: 08/15/2017 at 12:22 AM by XE-A-THOUL

Jul 21 at 9:19:29 AM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation

Do you see the offers only if you are logged in? (Without login, my shipping address should be no preference?)  What is if you use supergamboys Links?
No, i see them even when i'm logged off, or in private browser mode.
Both supergamboy's links works.
Did you try browser private mode?

Jul 21 at 9:26:46 AM
XE-A-THOUL (0)
< Alex Kidd >
Germany
Private mode I just tried. I have already tried a web proxy. Nothing works. It looks like i must emigrate to russia. 

Edited: 07/21/2017 at 09:27 AM by XE-A-THOUL

Jul 21 at 9:29:20 AM
ViKiNg80 (2)
< Neff >
Russian Federation

Private mode I just tried. I have already tried a web proxy. Nothing works. It looks like i must emigrate to russia. 
Ohh, even if you tried a proxy... Cookies clearing?  
Emigrate to USA is better option