Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sega Genesis CIB Contents my ongoing project - please help

May 21 at 8:12:48 PM
IchbinIan (0)

< Alex Kidd >
Global Gladiators is a game I'd like to pick up. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Jun 02 at 4:56:05 PM
The Count (104)
(Grant X.) < Neff >
Minnesota
PGA European Tour

Note is has the Tournament 4 Way Play Series sticker on the shrink wrap.

Jun 03 at 8:46:40 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
Thanks, man! I actually didn't have any inserts recorded for that title.

I've updated the entry, but can you help me with a few details?
Would you be able to take clearer pictures of each insert. My email address is at the top of the spreadsheet if you want to send them direct like that.

- "EA Sports Championship Lineup for Sega Genesis" insert - does this have a product code on the back or anywhere on it?

- "EA Sports 4 Way Play" insert - I think this should have the product code [820480], but can you confirm?

- "Register Now!" Electronic Arts reg card - can you tell me the product code text in the lower right corner? Usually the top line is 6 digits sometimes with a -# at the end, and then below that will be #/#, which I think is month/year.

Jun 03 at 8:57:57 PM
The Count (104)
(Grant X.) < Neff >
Minnesota
Sounds good, I'll shoot you an email. For some reason, my pics that I upload here turn out blurry. Also, for credit/posterity I should point out that I bought this one from Jobber's collection but it had a small tear in the shrink wrap.

- "EA Sports Championship Lineup for Sega Genesis" insert code 820510

- "EA Sports 4 Way Play" insert code 820480

- "Register Now!" Electronics Arts registration card code 820317 2/93

Edited: 06/03/2018 at 09:08 PM by The Count

Jun 03 at 11:16:40 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States

Jun 03 at 11:42:48 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
I've just updated the spreadsheet entry for the original clamshell release of TNN Outdoor Bass Tournament '96.

It comes with a poster and an insert for the official rules of a contest for the game.

I was originally posting to see if anyone had pictures of the contest insert, but the seller responded and provided pictures of each side.  So I may as well leave the link here for anyone interested:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20230813...

Edited: 06/03/2018 at 11:46 PM by supergamboy

Jun 04 at 1:09:22 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
I confirmed with the seller and both of his copies include the contest card and poster. Awesome deal for $8.92 shipped.

Sep 03 at 2:37:20 PM
ViKiNg80 (4)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Hey, Sanford!
I've noticed, that there is no Ballistic print of Beavis and Butt-Head game in you spreadsheet. This release has plastic case with Ballistic sticker and probably Majesco reg card. Assembled in Mexico.

Sep 03 at 10:09:03 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
I've been working on a "version 2" of the spreadsheet. Each variant will get its own row in the spreadsheet. All of the posters and registration cards will have their own columns and it will be much easier to sort by 1st release or cardboard only:

https://docs.google.com/spreadshe...

Anyway, I've gone ahead and added a Majesco clamshell variant for Beavis & Butt-Head

Sep 06 at 2:35:43 PM
ViKiNg80 (4)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Originally posted by: supergamboy

I've been working on a "version 2" of the spreadsheet. Each variant will get its own row in the spreadsheet. All of the posters and registration cards will have their own columns and it will be much easier to sort by 1st release or cardboard only:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IKheEp9_Ww1YFwj_1MvM...

Anyway, I've gone ahead and added a Majesco clamshell variant for Beavis & Butt-Head

That's great! I'm looking forward for this new version of the spreadsheet!

Oct 04 at 9:38:33 PM
maelwys (127)
(Mike W) < Bio-Hazard Battler >
Pennsylvania
I like it! Really helps to identify things like which games include XXX poster/card/etc.

Oct 09 at 8:46:42 PM
Giancarlogb (4)

< Neff >
Hey,

Supergamboy A.K.A. The Master, thanks for the update on the spreadsheet, now it will be even easier to collect....will like to give information that could be added....

There are 2 versions of Spider-Man X-Men Arcade's Revenge with mayor differences:

1) Made in Mexico Version:

https://m.imgur.com/a/Dy82isS...

- The cover art is more darker
- The back of the insert has another Address
- The insert is not even center, storm arm is more cut off
- The manual is made from a non Glossy cheap material compare to the other version.
- The Manual also has the the NY Glen Cove Address
- The cart has a different label with information of been assemble in Mexico.
- Also I believe that this is the version that brings all the paperwork (Registration Card and Poster) since the address on the registration card matches the one on the Mexico Version. (That is why before you had that it didn't bring any paperwork, the person that unboxed the game had the Japan version which apparently had no paperwork)
-Also , below the barcode it saids " Contents assemble in Mexico, and this is on the back of the cart.

2) Made in Japan version

https://m.imgur.com/a/DRKdjqA...

- Bottom of the manual saids "Printed in Japan"
- No paperwork.
- More glossy and Quality overall.
- Basically the opposite of what I just wrote for the Japan version.

I did manage to get all the paperwork for both, but in my opinion the Japan version does not bring any....that is why is hard to find that freaking registration card.

Oct 10 at 9:25:14 AM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
Great observation!

I will make sure that the spreadsheet has both versions and I will note that perhaps the inserts only came with the Mexico version.  Good catch with the matching address.

Edited: 10/10/2018 at 09:27 AM by supergamboy

Oct 13 at 5:30:51 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
Again, very good find, Giancarlo. I have updated the spreadsheet.

Is this the one you purchased?

s://www.ebay.com/itm/Spiderman-X-...

Looking around eBay I just saw two other "Assembled in Mexico" ones and both were just cartridge only!

I am a little skeptical about the "Dream Team" poster, but it is possible.  Two other "Flying Edge" games had Acclaim posters.  Champions World Class Soccer and Terminator 2 both had the "Videogame Blockbusters" poster.  Those games also had registration cards.  Maybe those were also Assembled in Mexico releases. We'll have to investigate.

Edited: 10/13/2018 at 05:40 PM by supergamboy

Oct 13 at 6:48:33 PM
Giancarlogb (4)

< Neff >
Yes ,that was the one I purchase.

https://m.imgur.com/a/c5C8FYr...

This link is the barcode of WWF something and T2 From Flying Edge.

It saids "Printed in The USA" And "Assembled in Mexico"....maybe that's why they have different posters??

Oct 14 at 2:22:34 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
New find today! Super Battleship has 3 releases:

- Clamshell (color manual, printed in Japan)
- Cardboard Slide (color manual, printed in U.S.A.)
- Cardboard Slide (black and white manual, printed in U.S.A.)

So there are two separate cardboard releases, one with a color manual and one with a black and white manual. And the color manual is different from the one that was Printed in Japan for the Clamshell release.

Oct 14 at 2:47:18 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
Alright, so I'm trying to figure out which is the 1st edition release for Super Hydlide.

A long time ago I observed that there were two releases. One has "(C) 1990 Seismic Inc." written on the cover (and cart and manual) and the other does not.

With copyright:
s://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Hydlid... f:0

No copyright:
s://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Hydlid...~oAAOSwKO5bsXGo:rk:8 f:0

So the main difference I observe is on the one with no copyright, on the back it says (C)1990 T&E Soft Inc. / Seismic Inc. On the one with the copyright info on the front it only says (C) 1990 Seismic Inc.

I'm looking at the relationship between T&E Soft Inc. and Seismic Inc. to see if that will give any indication as to which release is the first release.

Oct 14 at 3:01:17 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
My guess is that the one that mentions T&E Soft Inc. is the second printing. T&E Soft Inc. developed the game in 1987 and Seismic published it in 1990 in the U.S. (1989 in Japan), so when T&E saw that the box didn't mentioned their copyright over the development maybe they changed it up for the second printing

Oct 16 at 5:03:31 PM
Giancarlogb (4)

< Neff >
Can't help on those games.....don't even own a copy of those....

Do anybody has an idea of what inserts "Castle of Illusion" has???...

Is a pretty common game, found weird that there is no information on the spreadsheet.

Oct 16 at 9:05:22 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
Documenting those old "black box" games published by Sega can a bit tricky. For later years there were clear "patterns" for inserts. The same thing among games not published by Sega. Based on publisher we can learn about inserts.

I think many of them came with no inserts, for example Thunder Force II.

Others did get a poster. Sometimes it was a poster like Golden Axe or Altered Beast for a game, but then there was also a general Sega poster or two, but because the patterns are less clear, I haven't done as good a job documenting them.

For Castle of Illusion, I think it is possible that it has no inserts.

Oct 16 at 9:29:03 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
For example in this listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-o... f:0

The "Get a Grip" poster isn't possible for Castle of Illusion (1990), as that Game Gear poster shows Sonic which was a December 1991 game.

In this listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-o...

The Batman Returns poster (1992) is wrong as it is advertising Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and the Sega CD, which are 2 years after Castle of Illusion.

The other poster (which I sometimes call Sega Pantheon) is related to Sega Visions and is time appropriate (1990), but I have no way to know if it was in Castle of Illusion. And no way I trust that eBay listing since it has the other wrong poster.

So for now, I have updated all three releases of Castle of Illusion to "No inserts"

Nov 29 at 9:45:13 AM
ViKiNg80 (4)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
One guy at local forum opened two games. Cheap, but still not blue in the spreadsheet.  

Tecmo Super NBA Basketball
Reference Card
Teams Poster

Wheel of fortune (Ballistic release)
Majesco Sales Reg Card

Edited: 11/29/2018 at 09:46 AM by ViKiNg80

Dec 05 at 1:13:54 PM