Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sega Genesis CIB Contents my ongoing project - please help

Mar 11 at 1:50:37 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
I just sold a sealed copy of Greatest Heavyweights and it went cheap! Just $28! I almost wonder if in that instance it would have been more worthwhile for me to open the game and sell it as 100% CIB or even just auction the fruit roll-up on its own, haha

Mar 11 at 3:41:18 PM
ViKiNg80 (4)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Originally posted by: supergamboy

I just sold a sealed copy of Greatest Heavyweights and it went cheap! Just $28! I almost wonder if in that instance it would have been more worthwhile for me to open the game and sell it as 100% CIB or even just auction the fruit roll-up on its own, haha

I'd be more interested to know does your copy of Indiana Jones you sold includes ​fruit roll-up  

Mar 11 at 4:03:31 PM
ViKiNg80 (4)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
I've noticed, that Pitfall game in your spreadsheet has only one print.
Here is my thoughts about this game (all pics from ebay and clickable!).

Pitfall has 3 releases.

1. First print. It has "Assembled in USA" text in the right lower corner of the case back. Cartrige is "Assembled in USA" too. Color manual. I think it's the only release with Pitfall poster.

2. Second print. It has "Assembled in Mexico" text on the case art and Ballistic sticker. Cartrige is "Assembled in Mexico". Color manual. No other inserts.

3. Last cardboard release by Majesco. It has "Assembled in Mexico" text on the back, but no Ballistic sticker of cource. B/W manual and typical Majesco reg card.

Edited: 03/11/2018 at 04:04 PM by ViKiNg80

Mar 11 at 5:20:32 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
I had two releases of Pitfall in my spreadsheet: Clamshell (Assembled in USA) and cardboard. I've added the Assembled in Mexico Clamshell release as well - thanks!

But I'm curious. In number 3 you write "but no Ballistic sticker of course"; however, look at the second picture for the cardboard release. Off to the right side, there very clearly is a ballistic sticker

For Indiana Jones - did you end up winning that one? I can't remember haha

Mar 12 at 2:30:18 AM
ViKiNg80 (4)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Originally posted by: supergamboy

I had two releases of Pitfall in my spreadsheet: Clamshell (Assembled in USA) and cardboard. I've added the Assembled in Mexico Clamshell release as well - thanks!

But I'm curious. In number 3 you write "but no Ballistic sticker of course"; however, look at the second picture for the cardboard release. Off to the right side, there very clearly is a ballistic sticker

For Indiana Jones - did you end up winning that one? I can't remember haha
Yes, you right, there is Ballistic sticker on cardboard release! I need to sleep more!  
I didn't win your Indiana Jones, i bought 2 sealed copies instead. Ha-ha, very funny  

Mar 18 at 11:13:24 AM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
As always, thank you to everyone that has contributed and help this spreadsheet get better and better! Shout out to YanosCIB who has helped me straighten out how I describe posters.

In particular, our own ViKiNg80 opened up a sealed copy of Dinosaurs for Hire that I sold, and based an overview picture from ViKiNg80 I input it into the spreadsheet. But at that time, I didn't have a good process for how to describe posters.

For the Genesis, posters have 3 "sides" that can be described. There is the "front" which is the "main" image, then there is the "back" which is whatever is on the opposite side. And then lastly there is the "folded image" which is how the poster looks when it is all folded up.

In my spreadsheet I have usually referred to a poster based on what is on the "front" but sometimes I referred to it based on the "folded image" and I haven't been consistent.

I am still working on formatting, but I think my plan is to describe the posters as "[FRONT / BACK] Poster " and then use the Note option to describe the folded image. I have not yet decided if I should use the brackets like that but I think it helps separate the description of the front and the back from the main descriptor which is "poster"

I have updated the entry for Dinosaurs for Hire based on this format. For reference here are some images of the posters so you can see what they look like and how I described them!

Edited: 03/18/2018 at 11:14 AM by supergamboy

Mar 18 at 2:53:03 PM
ViKiNg80 (4)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Thank you! 
Glad you continue your job on spreadsheet - it's really great guide for collectors! 
I think it's clear enough way to describe posters and it could help to distinguish them.
Probably we need to add poster images, especially for rare ones.

Edited: 03/18/2018 at 02:53 PM by ViKiNg80

Mar 18 at 5:15:46 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
Yes, I have a way to add photos.

For example, look at the spreadsheet entry for the poster for Nobunaga's Ambition. Also look at "Variant 1" for Dungeons and Dragons.

The problem is that I can only have 1 image for each spreadsheet cell. A few years ago, I made the Nobunaga's Ambition entry as a test. I had to take two separate pictures and edit them so that they were side-by-side.

I can host the images in my imgur.com account so that the links will not break. So if anyone has suggestions or can provide photos of things, I will add them.

Mar 18 at 8:40:24 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
Okay I have given the poster description some more thought.

This is the method that I am currently leaning toward

POSTER: Jurassic Park / Welcome to the Next Level [670-3265]
POSTER: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Are You Up 2 It?" / Way Ahead of the Game [670-0483-07]
POSTER: Batman Returns / "Get a Grip" (Game Gear) [670-2116-02]

With this method, I can state up front very clearly that it is a POSTER (because otherwise having the word "Poster" at the end after a lot of text it may be possible to miss. And it also lets me include the serial number

Mar 18 at 11:48:41 PM
supergamboy (113)
(Sanford ) < Boogerman >
United States
I am starting to add pictures for variants that may be less common. I got a question about the Sonic ESRB re-release so I wanted to add pictures.

I have now added pictures for the four "main" ESRB re-releases:
- After Burner II
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Variant 5)
- Super Monaco GP
- Taz-Mania

For those games, if you cover over the hyperlink in the variant column, you can click a link to view an image on imgur.com

Apr 15 at 11:27:12 AM
Giancarlogb (4)

< Sketch Turner >
Trying to complete my Road Rash copy. Does it only came with a poster? On the files it says "Road Rash Poster" what poster is that one?

Please, help.

Apr 15 at 2:57:07 PM
ViKiNg80 (4)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Originally posted by: Giancarlogb

Trying to complete my Road Rash copy. Does it only came with a poster? On the files it says "Road Rash Poster" what poster is that one?

Please, help.
As i remember - this poster included only in first print of RR in "thin" EA box.
This poster contains same art as on the box (two bikers).

Edited: 04/15/2018 at 02:58 PM by ViKiNg80

Apr 16 at 2:57:39 PM
Giancarlogb (4)

< Sketch Turner >
Thanks!

Have never seen that poster. Don't tell me this is another hard game to complete....

Apr 17 at 1:27:48 AM
ViKiNg80 (4)
< Neff >
Russian Federation
Originally posted by: Giancarlogb

Thanks!

Have never seen that poster. Don't tell me this is another hard game to complete....

No, this poster is quite common, just keep watching RR lots