Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Hello! Thinking of starting a Sega collection.

Sep 04 at 2:26:02 AM
Fryer64 (44)

(Ryley C) < Flicky >
United States
Hello! So recently I've been playing a lot of Sega Genesis games, and I sort of like what I'm seeing. But I have no idea where to start, with all the different kind of consoles for Sega and the general lack of information from my people in town has made it a bit more difficult have a fun Sega collection.

I'm not exactly new it only took me like 3 years to make a thread, but I am genuinely interested in finding out where I should start when it comes to collecting Sega. I like the Genesis and I have a few good titles, but I feel like I'm missing out not actively picking these games up. Potentially it would helpful if I had a direction to go in.

Can't wait to talk about the Sega, any help is appreciated as I don't nearly know enough about it to start throwing down money. If you have any knowledge on the matter I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and I'm happy to be part of this forum

Sep 04 at 9:39:15 AM
maelwys (141)
(Mike W) < Seven Force >
Pennsylvania
Doooo eeeeet! Doooooeeeeeeet noooooowwwww...!

There are a ton of awesome games on the system, so I would say pick a genre and go nuts. If you want CIB it'll cost you of course, but cart only you can usually get lots for pretty cheap. The usual places are all good, and I still see decent Genesis titles at pawn shops and local trade-in game stores. As with any system, get yourself a list or browse GVN and tag the games you're most interested in. Prices will speak for themselves to determine which games are the most in demand.

There's also a thread where a lot of us posted top 10 lists if you're just looking for some recommendations on which ones to play next: http://segaage.com/forum/messagev...

Sep 05 at 4:10:48 AM
flatuswalrus (54)
(Mr. Dane) < Max Thunder >
Queensland
I welcome you, with open legs.

Sep 13 at 4:38:49 AM
Fryer64 (44)

(Ryley C) < Flicky >
United States
Haha thanks guys! Ill check it out! I didnt have anything sega growing up and my best friend did and i remember realy enjoying playing the genesis. I picked up the genesis version of sunset riders which is closer to my cabinet i own vs the strangely slightly censored snes version.

The appeal being ive heard sega can be closer to the old arcade cabs vs the nintendo versions.

Sep 13 at 4:54:54 PM
Giancarlogb (4)

< Neff >
The best way to start in my opinion....is with the games that you really like or that you are willing to play....

If you start collecting randomly or guiding yourself by genre, you could get bore and end up with a bunch of games that you regret having...