Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Retro Collector here

May 19 at 4:56:04 PM
steven1977 (0)
< Flicky >
England
Hi Guys im Steve, im 39 and have been a Video Game for fan for close to 4 decades. My first experience on gaming was the Atari 2600 which was my parents. Eventually I got a SMS where I enjoyed classics like Wonderboy & Alex Kidd while going to the arcades at the weekends and playing Turtles or Simpsons.

Then eventually I sold my SMS for a Mega Drive because I was desperate to own a Mega CD which I enjoyed alough the money on that went from my SNES I had and boy it had great games like Zelda, Turtles in Time and the WWF games. I did own a NES for a short time and played all 3 mario games and Mega Man 2 and after losing faith in Sega after alot of CD games not getting released in the UK I went to the Playstation. Bought it on release day with that cool demo disk of Tekken, Toshiden and others, then eventually sold it for a PS2, only the console I kept the games and after that I didnt want to buy a expensive PS3 so I got a xbox 360. I did own a original xbox but didnt get many games. Now I use the PS4 for alot of games but only recently in the past 2 - 3 years have I got back into retro games and to be honest had I known it would be expensive to buy Id probably have kept what I owned but as a kid you dont have money to get the latest consoles.

Oh and over the years I owned a Spectrum, Amiga 500+, Atari ST and a few other things and handhelds like Gameboy, Game Gear, PSP, Vita.

May 19 at 6:39:07 PM
maelwys (112)
(Mike W) < Bio-Hazard Battler >
Pennsylvania
Welcome Steve, from Alabama in the UK! I shudder to think what that accent sounds like.  

Awesome console and collecting history! Do you have anything left over from the old days or starting from scratch?

May 20 at 2:25:50 AM
steven1977 (0)
< Flicky >
England
Originally posted by: maelwys

Welcome Steve, from Alabama in the UK! I shudder to think what that accent sounds like.  

Awesome console and collecting history! Do you have anything left over from the old days or starting from scratch?

Fixed my location now, it should have said East Anglia.

Well yes I do have some bits from the old days. I kept my Mega CD Magazines I originally bought as well as the Super XS & Sega XS Magazines. I kept all my PSX games too so I have all the ones like FF7, Crash, Parappa, Fear Effect, etc. Anything earlier than that sadly I didnt which is a shame as having to rebuy everything works out quite expensive. Really wish I had kept Keio Flying Squadron.

May 22 at 12:17:33 AM
flatuswalrus (54)
(Mr. Dane) < Dr. Zan >
Queensland
Quite the gaming history there. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay brother of the Commonwealth.

May 25 at 3:58:39 PM
TheGreyGhost (4)
< Tom-Tom >
Ontario
Brother of the Commonwealth....lol, I did chuckle out loud. Welcome!

-------------------------
NA Game Gear loose cart collection: 114\233